Thursday, May 29, 2008

Four and counting

Well A's birthday is on Monday (which is a 1/2 day at school). I cannot believe that he's been on this earth for almost 9 years. Gosh I feel old! He is counting the days- his party is Sunday and we are praying for a little sunshine on that day- I don't know what I will do if I have 25 -- 9 year-olds show up and cannot throw them in the pool. I don't think it would bother him at all if has to swim in the rain- but I prefer not to have wet parents sitting around!
A was in school on Monday (Memorial Day) but I think half of the children decided to stay home that day. A's teacher (who is a total health nut) got permission for the class to have an ice cream social. I even got to take brownies- which was a shock in itself! The class, parents & siblings at 2 pans (9x13) of brownies! The weather was great and they had a ball!
J has been out of school this week. He doesn't know that his friends are there having a fun week consisting of silly string and water days. With all that is going on with the boys and since we have so much on our plates, we decided to call it quits last Friday. We've been plenty busy this week- going to Toys R Us and getting A's birthday present, ordering cake for the party and getting ready for a home swim meet on Saturday.
J told me (after he hit me in the face with a beach ball) I needed to get "eye tacs"-- I asked him what he was talking about and he told me those were the things that go in your eyes to help you see!
While J was spending the night with meme and papa, he told meme that he was in Bilo and people were throwing flowers at his feet. Well meme questioned me... I didn't have an answer for her- except that did NOT happen. Upon further questioning of J man- he "ran out of time" to tell her it was a dream. She asked why they were throwing flowers at him- in his dream and he told her "because I am cute"......
We've got to quit telling them they are adorable and all that- it's going to their heads!!
Well the sun is finally out- even though it's maybe 65- J insists on taking a dip in the pool- I wonder just how long it will be before his lips are blue??!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We can't even get to our pool because of all the mud. Don't get me started.