Wednesday, May 7, 2008

better than I expected

Today has been pretty eventful....

I was on IM with daddy and J was upstairs. Now I usually don't worry while he is up there. It's the playroom- with way too many toys- nothing dangerous-- until this am. I am mid sentence and I hear J screaming for me to help him get if off! It was not a funny happy shrill- it was panic. I turned around as he came around the corner and saw what he was having a fit about. He had wrapped masking tape around his head- twice. Now his hair is not that long (well what's left of it). I thought I could treat it like a band-aide- WRONG- I tried to rip it off and this tape must have been industrial strength. I pretty much scalped him and his hair is a little thinner in the back. He is screaming at me to get it off and I did what any good mom would do. I grabbed the camera! He got rather upset with me too because I couldn't quit laughing. He looked like he was trying to be an indian- chief of the masking tape! I threw him in the bathtub and we kept squirting gobs of shampoo on his head and it peeled off- and left his hair in place. I don't think we will need to wash his hair for a week-

We picked up A from school and headed to the orthodontist. I didn't try to prepare him for what they were going to do. Hey- I thought it's gotta be better than the mold they made of his mouth last time. He went back and was only back for 10 minutes. He came out with huge tears in his eye and wouldn't say anything while we were in the lobby. I didn't think he had anything done- but as soon as we rounded the corner- he busted out crying! I felt bad- but I know how it feels- not really that bad. I was trying to get him to let me know what was hurting- nothing- I just can't wear this in my mouth for 7 months. He had to lay down in the chair- the hygienist told me I could turn the key. Well I started to feel kind of weak- but didn't want A to think I was a wimp. Well he layed there with his mouth open and let me turn it- not one flinch from him. I was a little worried because he panics anytime he gets hurt. He is a real trooper! I was so proud of him- so proud we even went to Sonic for milkshakes. He got a M&M blast and it took him forever to even make a dent in it. We pulled up in the drive way and he was going to turn it up and drink some of it. I hit the brakes just as he put the cup up- needless to say he had melted ice cream and bits of M&M all over his face and up his nose.

The laughter continues.......

No comments: