Tuesday, May 6, 2008

God does have a sense of humor

Today has been extremely long! We have been inside all day long. A was home sick with "false" strep. The test came back negative but he had several symptoms. I called the school this am and the front desk told me that another child in class tested positive for strep. Oh what fun!! I guess we should be thankful- it's been almost 9 years and this was a first. Thank goodness we started meds last night! He is still laying around and not eating much- which is totally out of character for him. I am praying that tomorrow he wakes up much better.
On another note- God is just wanting to have a good laugh at my expense. I was out by the pool last night and heard what I thought was a bird. I thought my cat had gotten another helpless bird. I followed the sound and the closer I got- it didn't sound like a bird at all! NOOOOO it sounded like a kitten. We had been out Sunday and didn't hear that crying. I am guessing the mama cat crawled under the deck sometime Monday and had kittens. My neighbor and I tried our best to see how many little ones were under the deck. It was rather difficult- because last summer the concrete steps were poured over the wooden one. The mama cat- which I learned was called a "queen" (after researching on the internet as to how long they were going to be stuck under there) crawled on top of the concrete but underneath the wood. Now I am praying the mama cat does what she's suppose to do. I am a little worried that she will leave and the kittens will die. Since the weather has been almost 80- I am kind of worried about the odor! The children don't know we had a visit from the kitty stork- and I am going to keep that secret to myself as long as possible! I am betting 3 weeks and they should be able to wander out- knowing my children- they will scare them to death and they will crawl back under the deck and won't come out! I know it would be simple to crawl underneath the deck and get them. I am not belly crawling with an opening of about 10 inches! If anyone has any suggestions-- please let me know- I am going to try to do all of this without the children finding out we have these! Wish me luck on getting the kittens out- the sooner the better!!

1 comment:

Tami said...

Are you feeling better? Hey, Jim might come get the kittens out if you ask him too. Do you think he could? I don't like crawling under things where other creepy crawlies might be so I can't help you. But let me know and Jim or one of my boys might do it. Anyway, home group was okay but we missed you. And the boys missed A and J.