This weekend had been pretty eventful- we've been working on the pool for what seems like weeks now- well the boys decided on Saturday while I was putting chemicals in- they would help. It just so happens frogs are using my pool as a mating ground. A and J thought it was really neat that one frog was trying to eat the other- I didn't want to go into great explanation so I just smiled and nodded my head. I scooped them up in the net and tossed them onto the grass- well they were still stuck together- that's when J decided if he peed on them- that might make a difference. A was dying laughing and J was enjoying tormenting the poor frogs. I came back a short time later and thank goodness- they were gone.
Earlier in the week I was on the phone with daddy and J busted in and said- "I know how you spell part of dot com" well he's learned a lot over the past couple of weeks- how to spell certain words- so I asked him how- he replied"www"
I found the kittens under my deck and I've gained the trust of the mommy cat. Well I was curious about exactly how many were under there. I watched them slide down- back feet first and it seemed like the clowns at the circus-they just kept coming. Today they ventured out and there are 6- A and J think we are going to get to keep them-they will vanish one by one!
When A got in the car today- he was very upset. I can tell by the way he walks to the car what type of day he's had. He couldn't even talk when he got in the car. All he could say was look in my folder. At this point- I was a little worried- maybe he'd gotten into a fight- he is still getting used to the expander (I didn't know if someone had made fun of him and he went off or something)- well he didn't get chosen for the morning team at his school. It's made up of 4th graders and I think 50 or so children wanted to do it. I explained to him in life- he will try out for certain things and he won't make it- yes it's sad-but that is part of life ~ we choose something else to do. He seemed OK once we got home and he got to see the kittens-
We are off to swim team and a little treadmill time for moi-
The pool is suppose to be up and running tomorrow- - after all the $$ and headache- I will be glad when it's actually clear and not quite as dirty as the lake- although the boys played in it some on Sunday- they were worried about the "water snakes" that I told them about- but decided to brave it and jump in. It was a little chilly- but any kid has a built in heater to swim at sub zero temps! It will have to warm up lots for me to brave the pool- I am hoping for a few warm days- since we've got 2 parties planned in the next 2 weeks!
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment