Saturday, May 17, 2008

Saturday

The slide for the pool was finally installed yesterday (after a month of waiting). A was the first one to go down it- he loves it! J on the other hand was scared but since A went down and thought it was great- we he wanted to be just like his big bro. The first time I thought it was probably the last but once he resurfaced- he let out a yell and said that was awesome! They played in the pool for over an hour. It was around 75 and pretty cloudy with a slight breeze. Needless to say- J was ready to head in because it was so cold.
Today we got to go to a birthday party for a cousin. It was a pool party and once again the boys had a ball. I had to pretty much threaten bodily harm if they didn't get out of the pool when it was time to go. A took off his swim shirt and I couldn't tie him down to apply sunscreen. He has a pink tint to his shoulders- but the aloe out of the fridge seems to be easing any discomfort he is having.
J was out in full force- he was "showing off" his dive moves. He looked like he was walking like an Egyptian- but he was having fun- well I am off to rub a little aloe on my arms- I was worried about getting the boys coated and didn't apply any myself.
We are counting the days until daddy gets to come home- he will be home in August for 2 weeks. A quick trip to the mountains before school starts- luckily he will be here for the first day of school so he will get to meet the boys teachers before he heads back over.
Daddy sent dog tags to the boys through the mail. I asked the boys what did they get- and J was so serious and very excited- he said" Look mommy, daddy sent us dog collars!!" Both boys love them and A took his to school for share square and didn't want to take them off- even for his bath! I think it would safe to say- they really do love their daddy and think he's the greatest!!

No comments: