We hit the ground running today. I had planned on coming home from school and spending a little time outside shooting baskets with the boys. WRONG! First I picked up A from school. He has a practice test every Monday for spelling. The most terrible thing happened today during the spelling test. I am so sad to tell you he misspelled T-I-G-E-R!!! Now if it was gamecock, chicken, or cocky- we could all understand... but not tiger!! Come on! On a lighter note- we spent the afternoon getting him checked for strep- OK that was not a light note- but how could he forget how to spell tiger??? The test did come back negative- but he still is on antibiotics- has a fever, achy, sore throat, etc. He was asking to go to bed- in the middle of the afternoon- no Nintendo, no TV, no basketball- yep he's sick!
J on the other had- he is doing just fine. I found him on the front porch today in nothing but a t-shirt. Luckily it was one of A's old ones and it was long enough to cover the bear essentials. I think he's trying to start a nudist colony in the neighborhood. All I can say- is he gets that from his daddy! I say that because he cannot get his hands on me--ha ha ha. This week at J's school they are discussing pets. Well one child found an "earthworm snake" in the back yard. I have never heard of such- I thought mom was being nice and calling it a snake- it looked just like an earthworm- but had a snake head and kept sticking his tongue out! Needless to say- I was a wimp and didn't want to share in the fun of passing it around for all to share.
We are really enjoying the beautiful weather- we played outside a little while tonight- the boys got balls when we ran into CVS for A's meds. They think it's great fun to throw them and hit any moving target- I guess that is boys for ya!
Both boys are sacked out and hopefully the Motrin that A took will help him sleep all night. I don't know about school- maybe he will feel well enough to try it. He only has a couple more weeks. He is not too sure of the number of days left- J on the other hand knows its 18 until his school if finished for the year! I think we are all ready for a break- sleeping in, staying up late and playing in the pool!
Monday, May 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment