Today the boys were great at getting ready for church. I asked once and A was heading to get clothes on. I was going to J's closet to get some clothes out and he was already dressed! He had on a "Sunday" shirt and matching navy shorts. I went back to finish up getting ready and J popped in my bedroom. Wearing his "handsome" shoes (winter brown suede shoes) and navy socks. I tried to explain that he needed to wear other shoes, he got kind of irate. I decided- he's only 5 and at least he dressed himself--we could live with this. Once we got to church I wound up working in his class. The lesson was talking about following God. We were tracing the children's feet and J wanted me to do his. When I took off his shoes- he was wearing a black sock and a navy sock. Never mind the fact these were not even the same brand of sock. He acted like I was crazy for even bringing up this minor detail. When we ran to get A after his class he is wearing a safari type hat. He has been tipping it all day saying "G'day mate"-
On the way home I was listening to the conversation in the back seat. A was telling J that when a male child in our neighborhood plays games- like Nintendo, the WII, game boy, etc. he always chooses to be a girl. Then he asked me why does this child want to be the girl?? Well I have an explanation that I didn't want to have my 8 year old in therapy for years- so I told him I really didn't know why. He was so serious and said "That's just wrong" I agreed with him but could not let him know this.
The boys played in the pool again today- yes it was cool and breezy-and they froze- but we had company so they had a good time. The solar blanket is on the pool and we are hoping for a couple of warm days this week. My class is coming over Saturday and I would like it to be somewhat warm. I don't think I could keep the boys out of the pool for anything- glad we have "entertainment" for the summer- we won't have to get in the car and travel anywhere- just open the back door and the fun begins!
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I looked for ya'll at church this morning but didn't see you. I worked the 10am service and then we left. It was just me, Gabe, and Maci Clare because the others were camping with cub scouts. Gabe had a piano recital this afternoon. Our pool is full now if he will just come hook up the pump and filter and all that. We won't be able to have anyone over for a while because of the mud. Oh well, it'll all be over soon. Thank God.
Post a Comment