Today my oldest turned 9- man daddy is sure getting old! We had a party yesterday- after much praying it stopped raining. I was worried I was going to have to entertain a group of children in my house... that wouldn't have been good. The sun came out and it warmed up-so everyone had a blast. I guess the older you get the more you get money- A came away with almost $100 in cash and $35 in Wal Mart cards. He has only asked 50 times to go to Wal Mart. I have put him off since tonight is a school night. They are only in school half days this week- so since it was his birthday, when I picked him up from school- we went to lunch. We almost wound up at McDonald's... but had a change of heart at the last minute and moved up a notch to Pizza Hut. They watched cartoons while eating, so it was great in their eyes. I am still having trouble accepting the fact that he is 9 years old. Only 364 more days and he will reach double digits!
On Saturday we had a home swim meet. The boys came away with several heat ribbons. In order to get a heat ribbon, you must come in first and not DQ. A got at least 5 of these ribbons and was royally ticked he was DQed and didn't' get #6! We were very lucky only 3 teams were in this meet- so it was fast and also they both got awards. A was telling everyone- I was the only one in my age group. I tried to explain to him- don't say that... just let them think you are an awesome swimmer! I guess he is too honest- which is a good thing.
We have 2 more half days and then summer is officially here- I don't know how we will cope- they are already fighting- I guess they are to the age when the other annoys the crap out of the other. We are looking forward to having friends come back for a repeat visit- had so much fun in the pool with some friends that live a little of an hour away. So much fun to see those we don't get to see daily.
Gotta get ready for awards day in the am- and then another party with A's class to finish out the year. Then we will officially be 4th graders! Man Daddy is really getting old! HE HE HE
Monday, June 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It is funny how the dads get older but we stay so young and beautiful. HaHa
Post a Comment