Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Yes, my children are smart

I sometimes wonder what goes on in their little heads to make them ask such questions! J has been rather inquisitive for the past couple of months. I don't know where he comes up with these questions. A was always asking "WHY" -- why is the sky blue, why do you wear glasses, why do I have to pick up my toys, etc. Here are a few questions that J has recently asked:
**Why do meme and papa live alone? My response to this was- because they are lucky!

**Are platypus the only mammals that lay eggs? What the heck? I didn't even know that was a type of mammal or that it layed eggs!
J played ARE YOU SMARTER THAN A 5TH GRADER (A's Christmas present) with meme and uncle Chris earlier in the week. He assures me that he got "smarter" because he helped Chris with the 1st grade questions! I am really dreading the questions the older he gets- His teacher asked me if my ears ever got tired- apparently he has been bitten by the spring bug and can't be quiet or sit still. I guess he gets that trait from his daddy!
A is having a few issues- not wanting to go to school. Very unlike him. This kid has loved school since he started in preschool-at age 2--he doesn't give me a valid reason why he needs to stay home- I don't know if he's just ready for school to be finished for the year- so he can stay up late & play in the pool daily- or if something is actually wrong. He loves his teacher and his friends. I am going to give it a couple of days and see if his attitude changes- hopefully he is just ready for summer vacation-
Well we are off to have the oil changed in the car- I expect to get a few more questions- J does most of his questioning while we are in motion. Who knows why- but I am really dreading the ride to the beach!!!

No comments: