Tuesday, April 8, 2008

All fun must come to an end...

We had a jam packed fun weekend with daddy while he was home. We saw several family members including the newest addition, Scott's great niece- 3 week old Ava. Last night the scouts had a "fun" night of shooting bb guns. A loved it- and was excited that daddy was there with him to do this.
This morning, A stayed out of school and since J was on spring break- we all made the dreaded drive to Charlotte airport. J had a melt down in Zaxby's because he didn't want a kiddie meal-he wanted a combo with a big drink- he kept telling us they made a mistake and daddy's response was you are making the mistake acting like that- and after a short discussion which the end result would've been a spanking- he decided that the kiddie meal was not so bad after all~ A was happy just because he was getting a chance to eat! We arrived at the airport about an hour before the flight was scheduled to leave. We decided to drop him at the door- rather than possibly making a scene inside the airport. Boy I was sweating bullets- we drove the truck and I think about 200 others had the same idea. There were hotel vans parked sideways and the ones that were moving- well they were not very patient~ When daddy got out of the truck- he said I need a hug- well that's when the water works started!! A grabbed on and hugged and hugged. This was my cue to start...J was just excited to be there at this point. Well we said a quick goodbye and I jumped back in the truck. I was trying to maneuver the truck through the crazed traffic with tear filled eyes. All the while A is in the back seat sniffing and snotting. This once again must have been a cue- because I started once again. J was so serious when he was trying to comfort A. Not at all convincing but he was trying. A don't cry- he will only be gone for 2 weeks. A didn't like that at all- no J more like months!! Then J tried a different approach- A you are acting like a cry baby- how old are you?? You are acting like a 2 year old-no a one year old- how old are you?? only babies cry- right mom- while I'm in the front seat- trying to be cool and wipe my tears and laugh at the same time. Then J says- A we moved (over a year ago) and left my best friend Luke and I'M not crying... and A's response was but we just left a family member- J said well he was LIKE my family. At least we have daddy in our hearts- like Jesus- right mom?? Well it took a few miles and a couple of minutes of silence- but we all got through it. We are now going to start the countdown for R&R!

1 comment:

Tami said...

I'm so sorry. I thought about ya'll a lot today and wondered how it went. We'll be praying for you. Love you guys.