Saturday, April 26, 2008

Finally Friday

Today started very early (around 5:30 am and appears to be ending very late). I got to talk to daddy before he boarded his flight. He wound up talking to each of us before we ever made it out the door to head to school. He's probably going to be on a plane about 24 hours- glad he's going to have a couple of months to get over the jet lag! A came in before going to bed and wanted to call daddy and tell him goodnight. It was so hard telling him we can't call him tonight. I hope that he will get used to the idea of "talking" to daddy via the computer- hopefully he will get better with time. A got to "help" in my class today- his district was out for teacher work day- we had class pics and A loved being the official helper. He corrected me quickly when I introduced him to some parents. He is NOT my little boy- he's having a birthday really soon and I guess if an almost 9 year old is almost as tall as you- he's just your "son" now. J thought it was great that his brother got to go to his school- thank goodness it won't be a regular thing- it was kind of stressful by the end.

We were heading to swim team on Thursday and J was explaining to us what color his brain was. I don't know where he comes up with this (daddy most definitely) but I admire his imagination. He assures us his brain is black on the inside. I was kind of dreading the "punch line" to this- but I bit- hook, line, and sinker. It's black because all of his memories fell out! It doesn't help that A encourages him to try to be funnier than he already is!

I just thank God that I have a part of Scott here- a mini version of his sense of humor! Well it's late and we are suppose to have 3 ballgames starting in about 8 hours- I know I will have more to report after 3 games- one good thing- life is never dull with those two around!

No comments: