Tuesday, March 18, 2008
What a Day...
On Monday A's class ventured to Columbia for a tour of the state house and a vistit to the zoo. There were quite a few (well behaved) 3rd graders that went (3 buses full). It's been a long time since I was on a chartered bus- things have changed! There were atleast 4 if not more tv screens- if we would've had those when I was in elementary school- the trips would've gone much smoother! In our group I had 3 boys and 1 girl. I was kind of worried but as soon as we sat down on the bus- still in the parking lot- the little girl burped- that would've put the entire 3rd grade class of boys to shame! She held her own- as soon as we hit the road- I overheard the converstion- hey do you know where babies come from? I sat very still and quiet- just to hear her explanation- well she proceded to tell the seatmate- first the mommy and daddy get married- I sat up and told them they didn't need to be talking about that. I guess she was correct in all aspects! I had fears of a child going home telling mom- guess what I learned today. They had fun at the state house- but had a blast at the zoo- we got to feed the goats and birds and even "pet" the huge turtles. I think the most fun that our group had was watching the giraffes pee and the turtles poop! All in all- it was a great trip!! A was being a kind brother and wanted to get J a gift from the gift shop. Since mom was buying it was a great time to show some love. A picked out a dart frog- well J wanted something else and is wanting to go back soon- looks like another trip to the zoo is in our near future!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We're going on the same field trip April 3. I'm looking for a babysitter for the little ones because Jim is going too. Oh well, I hope it is warmer than it is now.
We are going on the same field trip on April 3. Jim is going too. I'm looking for someone to babysit the two little ones. I never have anyone during the day. If you think of anyone, let me know.
Post a Comment