ok- so meme thinks it's a great idea to "bribe" the children to help clean up. J has taken this to the extreme. Today I was checking the mail and found him in front of the washing machine (that is just over a year old and has a brand new control board that is just over a month old). He tells me that he is helping wash clothes- so I won't have to do it. I see he has been so helpful and put Tide into the detergent, bleach, and fabric softener "spots". I was afraid to even turn it on. I didn't want a bubble blow out in the laundry room. Much to my surprise, it came out ok. He has also discovered he can "cook" popcorn in the microwave. He pulls his chair up and knows which buttons to press. He popped 3 bags the other day- looks to me like he would be sick of it by now- but that is just J for you!
A came home from school and persuaded me to let them play outside since it was such a beautiful day. He has become sort of a sports nut and told me he is going to play football at Clemson, and then when that season it over he will play baseball, and then between classes he would like to try soccer! Little does he know!! He's getting much better at basketball- we are starting baseball at church and swim team is going to start back the first of April. He is ready to be active again- I am ready for it too- he is bouncing off the walls!
I called Scott today- there is 4 ft. of snow on the ground- nothing like we ever have here. He said it warms up to mid 50's but it takes several days for the snow to melt. He was sad because I was bragging that it was 72 on the bank sign at noon!
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Gabe and Zane want to play baseball too but their slack parents haven't been to church to sign them up. When is the last day to sign up? I need to call Wayne.
Post a Comment