Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Adoption...such a confusing word

It's never been a secret nor a big deal that I am adopted. My children have been told since they were old enough to discuss it that I was. I guess since I've never had any "issues" with the subject, I guess I thought my children would also understand. Well J has had this on his mind for a while. He sometimes asks why meme didn't have me? I've always told him she got to choose me and that satisfied him. The other day J asked why every girl was not pregnant. OK... for his 5 year old mind, I was trying to be politically correct. I explained that some girls had problems with their tummy's and couldn't get pregnant. I followed up with meme had problems with her tummy and she couldn't have a baby-- that is why she got me. HE didn't miss a beat... didn't she have Chris?? Yes, son you are correct- her tummy got better after she got me. He was very serious and he asked... "were they not happy with you?? " Man he is just like his daddy- I guess that is one of the reasons I love him so much!
I'm off to supervise the boys...cleaning up their room- more fighting than cleaning going on at the moment...brotherly love!

No comments: