It's been a while since my last post...between vacation-( yeah- a week at Edisto where my children discovered a love for mint chocolate chip ice cream) and a home swim meet (another -- yeah- the boys did great- even though J had swimmers ear and still swam the 25 backstroke despite the fact that Coach C told him all he had to do was jump in the lane for state qualifications) we've been non stop.
Tonight I was on the phone with an awesome friend from Greenwood. She is an EMS supervisor and let me just say- I feel for those poor people she is taking care of- anyway I hear J screaming and crying. I start to head up the stairs and am quickly met by A. He has his fingers jammed in his ears screaming- J has a water gun stuck on his foot. I can only imagine what situation I am fixing to deal with. Well being the wonderful mother I am- I started laughing. J is on the 3rd step from the top- and yes he has a large water gun- stuck on his foot. Well actually- his foot is through the plastic piece where the trigger is. Every step he takes- a huge neon green gun is sticking away from his foot. My friend is laughing so I cannot ask her how to handle the situation. With a little quick thinking- I push the trigger back as far as it will go. I wiggle and twist the gun and his foot pops out. The screaming and crying stops - and he says- "thank you mommy"
The only regret I have is my camera was in the case and not close enough to grab a few pics!
I think I am going to call some of the writers in Hollywood- you can't make this stuff up- I could make millions- my children will make me $$ just living the everyday dream!
**I hope everyone has a safe and happy July 4th!! Remember to say a prayer for all the service members that are away from their families at this time!
Thursday, July 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment