well ...it was not the Olympics, but A and J got swim team awards tonight. I think that J was happier with his best cannon ball award and new swim cap than a medal. The boys finished up the summer season a couple of weeks ago- we just had the banquet due to the coaches being out of town on vacation. A got 3 ribbons from state and then J got 2. Our head coach was giving a spill about the smallest ones making the biggest splash- everyone was chanting J's name. He ran up just like they had called him the next contestant on the price is right!
A has really wanted to watch the Olympics this year. I don't know if it's because he is 9 or because he knows what the swimmers are actually achieving. He was cheering just about as much as Phelps in the relay tonight. I am anxious for him to see the Tigers take the field. He asked about what he would have to do to go to the Olympics. I guess that most children want to achieve that...but I did tell him that he could do whatever he sets his mind to.
I am off to settle the ribbon winners down.... way past bedtime!!!
The countdown has officially begun...school will start in a little over a week- I am looking forward to school starting- the boys will be in a routine and I will get a "mini" vacation for a couple of hours a day....YAY!!!
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment