I am thankful that we have a good family, good friends, a happy home, a great church and good health. We are thankful that daddy is going to be home in a matter of days- might be 90 but at least we know he will be home for all the major things in the next year (from birthday's to summer vacation). I am thankful we have positive teachers and coaches in the boys lives. I am thankful that my boys are good boys- sometimes a little rough around the edges (when they have burping contests in the middle of chick-fil-a), but they are all boy.
Life with my two is adventure to say the least. A told me the other day. His second grade teacher Mrs. Wiener is brown now. I am really scared to ask what he means by this. He explained that when he was in her class- she looked like him- but now she has brown skin. I think it's funny that he notices her skin tone- for a 9 year old boy- that should be the least of his worries.
We were leaving school yesterday and two teaches were talking to J. He was whistling- his latest accomplishment- and he is just like his daddy- LOUD. One of the teachers shortened his name- and he corrected her- said not to call him that his name was.... an it was out of the Bible- they thought it was hysterical. I cringe knowing that he says what is on his mind- and his 6 year old mind works lots faster than my mouth- and I can't catch the words before they jump right out. Oh well... at least people will know where he stands... never wonder what he is thinking!
I am a little worried about the competitiveness in A (J just thinks if you are a Carolina fan- he can't be your friend ;-)- I have explained we can be friends, just pray a little extra for those). The school is having a food drive between Clemson and Carolina. His principal is a huge Carolina fan. He was very upset, because even though Clemson was winning, he was afraid they were going to loose. I spent $36 in Dollar General getting various items- helping a needy family in the school and also helping Clemson win. We are hoping that they can pull off a win (on the field and with the food drive too) and help a needy family during this time!
We are off to the vet... with Tiger the killer cat. A is worried because he doesn't like to hear Tiger get upset. He is asking to sit in the lobby- so he doesn't have to endure the pain- of hearing the cat- show his true colors ;-)
Have a great Thanksgiving... watch lots of football, parades, and eat tons of turkey!
GO TIGERS!!
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment