Monday, March 16, 2009

The latest...

Well.... I thought this blog would've been updated sooner rather than later... but we've been super busy and I have put this on the back burner.

Scott made it home - YEA!! He arrived at Ft. Dix (NJ) on Sunday and then took a bus to Ft. Bragg in NC. Yes- that is the army at it's best... he spent a few days at Bragg and I went up on Thursday to pick him up. We picked the boys up at school on Friday early and they were shocked that daddy was actually home- and not on the computer. After a few days of constant company- things are back to normal.

The day Scott was going back to work for his first day... it snowed- very shocked... since the news called for it...we really didn't expect it. The boys had a ball with daddy and the dog playing in the snow. I stayed inside and took pictures from the front door. The next day the snow was pretty much gone and we had a delay in school starting and Scott went back to work- back to normal!

A and J finished up the swim season with a bang- much improved and having fun- A is going to start baseball with our church league in the next few days. J WAS going to start, but decided he would try his hand at a new career. STUNT MAN.... needless to say his t-ball season is not going to happen. We wound up in the ER with major case of road rash and broken arm! Luckily the bones didn't need to be set- only required a cast- also learned that if J is given Loratab.... I will also need a couple cups of coffee.... he talked NON STOP for 2 and a half hours. I called my mom and apologized for ever talking so much. Scott took him in to get his cast (I was in Raleigh with an exchange student from Germany for regionals in swimming). He wanted an orange cast with a white tiger paw and a purple tiger paw. They didn't have orange (shame shame shame) so he got a white and we used a sharpie to make his cast orange. I thought that a 6 year old with a white cast was a bad combo! We will be going back in 2 weeks for X-rays and hopefully it will be off before swim team starts back up.

No comments: